Thanks to Nick T for the following recipes:
2 Freshly Caught Filleted Mackerel
Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
1 Diced Red Onion
4 Chopped Cloves Garlic
Handful of Fresh Chopped Coriander
1 Tin of Peeled Plum Tomatoes
1 Squeezed Lemon
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large frying pan
2. Add the onion, garlic and salt and pepper and cook on medium until slightly brown
3. Add the mackerel fillets and coriander and cook til skin is "seared"
4. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice cook for 2 mins then add half a cup of water and continue for 5 mins more or so until fish is cooked all the way through.
5. Season to taste and serve with a plate load of chips...
Mullet In The Bag
1 Freshly Caught Mullet
Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons of Butter
2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
Handful of Fresh Chopped Tarragon
1 unwaxed lemon
2 tablespoons of white wine
1 desert spoon of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200
2. Gut and clean the mullet (no need to remove the scales)
3. Finely shave the rind of the lemon with a grater
4. Mix the butter, garlic, lemon rind, tarragon and salt and pepper together into a "paste"
5. Stuff the mullet belly cavity with the paste
6. Put some baking paper over a baking tray, drizzel it with the olive oil and lay the stuffed mullet onto it.
7. Drizzle the white wine over the fish and parcel it up in the baking paper, leaving 2-3 inches room above the fish.
8. Put onto the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
9. When you unwrap the parcel, the skin and scales should easily peel back and the meat should just slide off onto your fork. Serve with some nice crusty bread which is great dipped in the juices.
Name: Peter Jackson